I got a "learn to paint with oils" book some time ago. This is an exercise on how to paint the sky in "Skies Above the Quarry." It's a lot different than Bob Ross as you don't mush up the colors after you are done painting, you are supposed to use a palette knife. I didn't do that - I used a brush a la Ross. I think I will redo the painting so blend it a little more using paint and try the palette knife so I get the distinct brush strokes. But - it's a good start.
![]() |
| Skies Above the Quarry |
![]() |
| Continuing on for Bob Ross in Oils |
This is the Bob Ross Season 1 Episode Two "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RInDWhYceLU" Mt. McKinley that I started in oils some time ago. I fixed the too-pink hue, but I'm not happy with the clouds and it needs more mountains. I'm trying to slow down while I paint, so I put it away to dry for now.


No comments:
Post a Comment